Online Icon Class
August 11, 12, 13, 14, 2020
How the Online Icon Class Works:
Four Days of classes: Each Day: Morning Session 9am-10:30 AM: Afternoon Session 2PM-3:30PM
Each session, I demonstrate each step of Icon painting. You may wish to just watch, take notes, or to paint along with me. The classes will be recorded and posted later on you tube so you can replay them and follow along that way also.
There is a Face Book Page, for students only, where you can post your works in progress, questions, and ask for comments or suggestions.
This is a unique opportunity to learn Icon painting online. You can do it in your own time, at your own pace. Somethings take more time than others, and I think this process with be a big help to people just beginning or to more advanced painters who want time to make corrections in their work.
ZOOM Icon Classes
This course consists of 8 online zoom sessions which will be offered over a period of four days. After you purchase the course you will be sent a zoom link so that you can log in at the specified time. Each session will be about one hour. There will be some time available to receive individual instruction in each session. Each session will be recorded and posted on you tube so that if one is missed, it can be viewed later. Please don’t share that link- it is only for those enrolled in the course.
WHAT WE WILL DO IN THIS COURSE
- We will learn to transfer the Icon drawing to the board.
- Learn to mix egg tempera, different methods of applying the paint, simple gold leaf gilding.
- Learn steps of icon writing, Roskrish, highlights, floats and painting lines.
- Receive an understanding of how an Icon differs from a religious painting.
- A foundational understanding of light, color and composition in the icon.
- You will receive a black and white line drawing as well as a color copy of the icon for you to print out.
- Materials you will need: Icon Board, 4 dry pigments, red ochre, yellow ochre, white and black, egg, vinegar, 3 water color brushes- #0,#2,#4
- Compass, ruler, pencil, eraser, transfer paper