Holy Cross Monastery, West Park, New York
May 4-7 2021 : Tuesday evening through Friday lunch.
Angels in Icons
Angels in Icons – God’s messengers! Always a great gift or special Icon to add to your collection or prayer corner. We need lots of angels!! To learn more about Holy Cross Monastery or to register click here.
From the early centuries to today, angels in Icons continue to be an important part of our spiritual lives especially for prayer and contemplation. Egg tempera painting includes prayer and painting of the Saint whose image is depicted. Christine will demonstrate step by step the process of Icon painting. We will paint one of the Archangels, Michael, Gabriel, or Raphael- if you are experienced and wish to paint a different Icon, email Christine with the drawing at least two weeks before class. Beginners, intermediate and advanced students will all benefit and find new insights in this class.
Sacred Geometry and Iconographic Composition are an important part of every Icon. There is a powerpoint with explanations and examples of how this is used in Icons.
Reflections from past students:
- “Christine Hales is a wonderful, loving and patient teacher. Her skills and competencies are great, and her faith inspiring!” SR
- “Christine covers much in a short period of time. Instruction is such that even a complete novice as myself am able to write a first Icon, learning important basics, and even more advanced aspects of Icon writing.” PJ
- Thank you for this wonderful experience in this beautiful setting! Libby C.
- Christine’s passionate wealth of knowledge and highly skilled yet patient guidance makes learning a difficult ancient art sheer joy!
- Thank you so much for a truly sacred experience!
For more about Christine Hales click here.